Wednesday, July 28, 2004

living with mom

I've been living at home since I got back from the US because it saves a lot of money and I get to have lots of home cooked meal. I did save cuz there's no need to pay extra rental for another house/room and the bills and all that. All I had to pay were the bills at home, which I'll have to pay anyway even if I lived outside. Actually, it worked out quite well up til now.

When I told mom that I have a female friend staying over for a couple of nights when she visits Ipoh, the first reply I got from her was that there will be NO hanky-panky between me and her in the house, including my room. And if I were to do something like that, I should rent a hotel room or something outside.

I had never consider the possibility that mom would be so sensitive to this issue. Actually, I never even thought of anything happening between me and my friend. Come to think of it, I kinda dislike the way mom worded the whole thing. Really makes me wanna finish everything in Ipoh ASAP and just move elsewhere to work and live alone.

My bro's gonna be back from UK end of the year, and he doesn't seem to wanna stay anywhere but in Ipoh. I guess he can take care of mom then. I've been living at home for almost 4 years now, and I'm getting kinda sick of it already. Especially now that I broke up with my ex, leaving here and start anew seems like a really good idea.

Penang seems to be a good place, although I don't really have much friends living there. Most of my friends are in KL, a place that I kinda hate because of the smog, the rush of everything, the people... and mostly because of the heat. I guess it all depends on where I can manage to get a new job by end of this year. Still another 5 months to go.

No comments: