Tuesday, July 20, 2004

stupid things

#1. Matapelajaran Wajib.
The way that the alphabets that form Malay words are actually located on the keyboard is awkward. Especially since I've been accustomed to typing in English for so many years. It just feels like my fingers can't move to the correct key without my looking at the keyboard every other word. Sometimes the way certain alphabets repeat themselves in a word makes my fingers wanna just cramp up and die. And then there's the problem that I don't have a Malay dictionary in MS Word for the spell checking. Everything was in red and green underline.
Actually, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have to. It's for one of those stupid lame-ass excuse of a requirement course that the Malaysian government heaped on the shoulders of college students. Pendidikan Moral. Argh.
It seems like they believe that if we were to take a course in morals and ethics, we will all be turned into goody two shoes and law-abiding citizens. Bullshit. Ethics and morality are not things you learn from books. It need to be cultivated. Although in my case, it probably won't work as well as it should.
The text book itself is full of English-bastardized Malay. A lot of it were just copied or translated directly from English books. I found whole passages inside directly translated, et verbatim, from Richard Brandt's A Theory of the Good and the Right. That is how fucked up the class is.

#2. My Java lecturer.
She copies java source codes from websites like planet source code dot com, then bring it into class and display it on the projector screen. She could've at least unzipped and save the file somewhere else first. At least by doing that, we wouldn't see the file inside the zip file that says where the code is from. She probably should alter the actual source code's comments too.
OK, granted, she's not the only lecturer doing that here. I've caught quite a few of them doing the same thing with other classes.
Besides the above, another easy way to catch them is to ask things about the codes. Something details and in-depth. Usually they won't be able to answer the question. She actually said, in reponse to a more advanced question, and I quote, "Don't ask me that now, you are disturbing the rest of the class. I will tell you that when I teach that module." The rest of the class, at that precise moment, are copying from the projector screen another snippet of code from good old planet source code. -_-

#3. Buying a packet of extremely nice iced white coffee and forgot to drink it.
Well, it's still hanging in my office right now...

#4. My ex.
She called and told me she broke up with the other boyfriends cos it's me she wants. Blah blah blah. Then asked whether there are any chances of us getting back together. Basically, I just said I dunno. Adapting from what my best friend said to me, it seems like my selfish sexual desires are slowly winning over my sensibility. (She said it the other way around when I told her I called off the fling with my ex, and she sounded kinda proud of me. HAH!)
The stupid thing is, she lied. Again. :)
The truth is she never did such a thing. I'm glad I found out before my sensibility was overwhelmed by my "selfish sexual desires".
It's time to take my bro's advice and just ignore her. I need to concentrate more on my new semester anyway. The advanced Java project looks pretty damned tough.

#5. Me.
For almost believing in that cheating, manipulating and selfish bitch again.

No comments: