Thursday, July 15, 2004

... and so i'm here now

I met her during an orientation to a course we both enrolled in. This was late May, 2001. We didn't become friends until almost a month later, during a class. We went out for a break together and talked.
We remained friends for months after that. I never thought of being more than that. Maybe it's just because of my principal of not going after girls that have boyfriends; or maybe I just don't like sharing my girlfriend with someone else. She was going out with two guys at the same time then. Whatever the reason, nothing happened even though she hinted at stuff.
Early February 2002, she got herself a third boyfriend. :)
At this point I should probably clarify some stuff. She's hot, very much so, and she knows how to flaunt it. There are always guys going after her. Some fella actually sent her a POT(!!) of sunflower during class time. She's well spoken and smart too.
A month later, we were just chatting and she just asked whether I felt anything for her. I have no idea why, but I just said yes. I also said that I'm not one to share girlfriends with others. But somehow, we just got together the next day.
In the month that followed, she dumped all three of her boyfriends and I was the only one in her life. That's when I thought that this will be the first relationship that I can be really serious in. After all, I was really in love with her.
The 18 months that followed was great. We both had our ups and downs. We laughed, partied, fought, cried, and lived. It was all great.
Things started to changed when she went for a short, 2-month training for her course. She started spending way too much time on a job that doesn't pay much. She even spends most of her free time going out with her colleagues, and never once wanted me around when she's with them. Obviously, I felt something was wrong. Something was really wrong. She was actually going out with one of her bosses and a colleague at the same time. That was January 2004.
Love makes people stupid, clouds their minds, and makes them behave irrationally. That's the only excuse I can give for what I did when I found out. I gave her a chance to chose.
She chose me, but things were never the same anymore. I started not to trust her as much as before. And being an overly analytical person, I started noticing a lot of her flaws. The worst was the way she likes to hide the truth, or just plain lie. I couldn't stand that, and finally broke up with her in May.
I still loved her when I broke up with her. It's just that I realized that there is no way for us to be able to go on. It's hard to love and trust someone as much once that trust is betrayed. I felt that we were better off living our own lives.
She went to Thailand for a family event shortly after that, and came back with a Thai boyfriend. Another thing that she doesn't know, not even now, is that I know she got back together with her former colleague right after I broke up with her. I'm just gonna keep that my lil secret. Well, she's probably got more boyfriends than that.
After she got back, we somehow ended up having a fling. Basically, it's all my fault. I never knew about the boyfriends until after things got out of control. (Did I mention she's pretty good in bed too?) By the time I found out for sure, it was too late.
It's been a month now. I'm really sick of myself for getting back together with her, even though it's a fling. From another point of view, I'm glad I did because this past month actually let me see the bad side of her more clearly than ever before.
She is a very selfish person and an obsessive-compulsive liar. She doesn't know how to treasure what she has. She's always greedy for more affection and attention from more people. These are the traits that I hate in her, but these traits will probably get her anywhere in life real fast.
Anyway, I should've listened to my friends and never gotten back together with her, even just for a fling. Like what a friend said, if I'm still shagging her, I won't get over her.
I guess this is it then. I am stopping this fling today. Probably just gonna do it over the phone and not even see her. :P It's time to move on.

No comments: