Monday, August 30, 2004

tidying up

Been spending the whole weekend tidying up my room. Well, truth is, I've been more or less doing that since the break up, it just became more urgent to do so now.

My bro's gonna be back from UK sometime either end of this year or early next year. The room I'm in now is originally his, I just sorta took it when I got back 3+ years ago. I was thinking of moving back to my old room, which is so fucking small, it's less than half the size of my office. Mom wanted to move to the small room though, since it's at the back of the house, quieter than the master bedroom. Which means bro's gonna be in the master bedroom, and I don't have to move.

Tidying up though, is a must, since we'll be installing air-cons upstairs in the bedrooms this coming weekend. Great chance for me to throw out the junk that I've been keeping all this time. And also some stuff that I probably should've done something about during the break up.

Anyway, "some stuff" was really around. A document folder, a coloring book that we used to play with when we first got together, candles and scented josticks, some glow-in-the-dark stars and stuff... I packed it all up, including the photo of us that I left in a drawer in my office, and brought everything back to her.

Actually, when I did that, I already made up my mind to seriously try to let the whole thing go. I was planning on just dumping it at her dad's shop, near my work place. I ended up bumping into her with her boyfriend. My timing couldn't have been worst. I really didn't need to see that. Still, it didn't feel as bad as I thought it would, and I'm glad for that.

On the bright side of things, I'm gonna have aircon in my room by this Saturday night!! Yeah, I've been living all these years without and aircon in my bedroom. That, and the all-year-long hot weather in Malaysia, really screwed up my PC. I usually have it running at over 60C on hot afternoons. GGrRRrrr...

No comments: