Tuesday, September 7, 2004

suicide

Hell, that's probably more or less what I'm doing. No, I don't mean literally killing myself. What I mean is that I'm probably gonna die real bad in my studies this term if I don't shape up NOW. I'm just gonna blame everything on Doom3 now.

It's a freaking great game. The graphics are still pretty decent, even when I have to play on the lowest possible settings ever(!!), since my PC, especially the graphics card, is extremely outdated. Very freaky ambient sounds ("Give me back my baby~~~!!"), lotsa shadows and extremely dark environments, where zombies and monsters jumped out at you when you least expect them to. I have yet to play it with my headphone on instead of my speakers, it'll probably be much scarier that way.

Anyway, instead of playing games and thinking of getting laid, I should really concentrate on my assignments. There're all queued up freaking near to each other from now til mid October. I've got tons to read up on before I can do the GBS one, tons to learn for advanced Java, shitload of codes for both Java and Oracle9i, not to mention a whole semester's worth of reading up for the networking subject.

Now that I seriously list everything down, I feel more of the shadow of impending doom!! Dammit. I really need to start doing something useful.

On a brighter note, I finally got an aircon in my room. Hell yeah cos it's much better for hot afternoons; oh shit cos the electricity bills gonna burn a much bigger hole through my paycheck than it already is. Since I already settled the bill for this month, I'll know how bad it'll get when the next bill arrives.

Hopefully everything for the aircon is done when I get home today, so I can clean up my room and stuff. Things have been moved into a corner these few days. Although having the PC right next to my bed is cool for watching movies, I'd rather have my space back.

No comments: