Wednesday, September 15, 2004

more things to do

The last few days came and went in a hurry. It wasn't that I had a lot to do, or that I did a lot, but somehow when I try to think up on what I did, nothing much comes up. I'm definitely sure it's not amnesia, I've probably just been wasting too much time.

Spent most of my weekend working and playing games. Doom 3 is still pretty fucking intense, even though I'm almost done with 1/3 of the game. The main complain I have about it is the overwhelming amount of shadows and dark places. This and the fact that you can't hold a flash light when you're holding a gun makes it kinda dumb. What's the point of having such good visual treats and graphics for a game so good, when most of the time you're shooting in the dark and hoping you manage to hit something?? There are some mods up on the net that lets you sorta tie the flash light to the gun. I think I'm gonna look those up and try them out.

------

After killing my WinXP installation somehow, I had to redo the whole PC. Took me a night to reinstall XP, all my other apps and utils, games, and tweaking the whole thing to my liking. Then I ended up desk-modding it again. This time, I managed to find myself a copy of Y'z Dock, so the desktop ended up totally different. Kinda looks like a Mac. :)
I got so addicted to the look, I modded the PC in my office too.
Anyway, I had to make my own icons for games, since I needed to create a batch file to shutdown the dock before launching games, and to restart the dock when I'm done playing. Did OK with the icons for Doom3 and NWN, but the one for NFSU kinda suck. The original "wheel" icon, I couldn't find anything that looks similar enough for me to change it, and I'm totally not good with drawing/rendering 3d stuff. *sigh*
-------
Since the deadline for my pol assignment has been extended, I can now concentrate on getting things done for bro first.

Already checked out the best source in Ipoh for new and used comics, and also the best place here for foreign mags, especially those from China, Taiwan and HongKong. Gonna have to check out a few of the other shops too.

Still more to checkout are Chinese romance novels, old school 武侠小说, mags and maybe some of the older comics too. I'll probably need some input from the market in UK for this. Can't possible just simply get stuff if they might end up gathering dust and wasting money over there.

Postal/shipping charges too. Those are gonna be so much more expensive than the books. Sheesh. Not to mention I'll have to find some way to move the books around... How I wish I had a car. Dammit.

No comments: