Friday, December 3, 2004

hoping for more

2 days ago, I was only hoping that I'll get better soon. I'd not thought it possible that I could fall ill so easily, even though it's more or less the flu season again. (Come to think of it, there seems to be quite a lot of flu seasons lately, and I'm not counting the chicken flu thing.) I did get better, although my throat still feels like a mess and I have about half the voice (read:volume) that I usually have.

Things got even better when I saw my last semester results. I'd passed everything, albeit not with flying colors, and it means that I'm done with my degree. I've graduated. :) Well, I'm assuming that I did, since I saw nothing on my student page that indicates otherwise. According to the staff in charge of my program, I can expect the official transcripts and graduation related stuff to arrive sometime in January. That's kinda late. I was kinda hoping that I could get them within a couple of weeks.

That's mainly because Dell's offer kinda suck. Freaking low pay, even though I've got pretty good experience in the field, just because I do not have a degree. More ironically, they really don't care what discipline the degree is in, just a degree. *grrh* The HR lady from Dell haven't call me back yet. Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow and we can make arrangements for a better package than the one she offered me yesterday.

What were they thinking anyway? That package that they offered probably wouldn't be enough for me to survive in Penang. Especially after the horror stories of expenses from Susi™, I seriously think it's not sufficient. Still, I'd probably take it even if I can't negotiate more outta them. It IS a pretty good opportunity anyway. (read: can't wait to get outta the shithole company I'm working for.)

And I freaking want my voice back.

No comments: