Tuesday, November 23, 2004

a change, maybe?

Went for a night of (not-quite)partying and an interview with Dell Penang last weekend. The number of people who turned up was overwhelming. Around 260 in a 4-5 hour period, and this is only one of the interviews. I heard another one's to be held in KL sometime next month.
The experience was not as impressive as I expected it to be. Most of the 4-hour I spent there was for waiting. The actual test and interview took me only around 1.5 hours. I think I did good. It's not really a good job, but it pays well, and I haven't lived in Penang for an extended period before, so I'm seriously hoping I get the job and have a change in environment.

The clubbing part was just decent. Susi was all about picking up/getting picked up by any white man. She got her wish, in a fairly twisted way. The guy was so freaking desperate and rude, pushing through me and Daniel to get to her. Then hit on one of the other girls when she didn't show much interested. Switched back to hogging her when Daniel talked him down. Followed us outta the club, almost across the road to the car park when we left.
He looked like he frequents clubs like those fishing for Asian chicks, so I'm seriously wondering how dumb is he to not realise that women can ALWAYS smell desperate from a mile away. Desperate = not getting laid. Elementary logic.
The crowd was pretty cool though, not as much ahbengs and ahlians as I expected. Some fine young women around too. I might really get to like the Penang clubbing scene.

Paul van Dyke will be in KL on Dec 10. Tickets are on presale already. I'm kinda thinking that I probably won't make it cos mom's birthday's just around that time. It'll be great if I could make it. Although I'm thinking that I might not wanna go with Rajev, Murali and the rest. I'll probably end up with an Indian chick if I did that, which, coincidentally, I'm not really interested in right now. :P
That also means that I'll probably have to cough up some dough for a hotel room or something. argh.

No comments: