Friday, November 12, 2004

it's been a while

Finally the last day of my finals this semester, and hopefully it's my last semester. I'm seriously thinking I might flunk my Adv Java paper, since I really didn't prepare enough for it. It'll be a waste if I did since I seriously scored with the project. Hopefully, the GBS paper later today (in about 1/2 hour) will be okay.

Actually, I'm still on annual leave. It was supposed to end today, but I forgot about the whole Deepavali and Hari Raya holidays, so I'm still off until next Tuesday. AND I've got 10 more days of annual leave that I can still apply for after that.

I kinda like the leaves, the medical coverage, the resource for abuse and stuff I get from this job. If they'd only pay me more and if only this wasn't a dead end job, I'd probably stay for much longer. With things as it is now, especially since I should (hopefully) be done with my degree, I'm definitely moving to something else.

Have an interview with a big multi-national company next Saturday. Not a really good job, and not really that much difference with what I'm doing now, but they pay good, has good benefits, and I can definitely see me moving up the ladder in that job.

Need to come up with a sorta commercial POS cum MIS system too, albeit a simple one, for my bro. I'm probably gonna get a few grands off this if it works well. Foreseeing a lot of difficulties with it though, as they're really asking a lot for the POS part, and I've really been away from VB for a long time.

Anyway, gonna enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a seriously good break.

No comments: