Thursday, November 18, 2004

obsession with bad things

You know what they say, the things that are bad for you always seem to be good, in a certain sense.

Twisties is bad for you. So is Cheezels, and a bunch of other junk food. I just can't help myself though. I blame it on the reason that I didn't get much of them when I was younger. My parents are totally against junk food, and with the meager allowance I get for school, junk food is totally outta the question. Still, I'll endulge myself once in a while for a packet of BBQ Twisties. Still my fav now, obviously, since I just bought myself a few packets for all those late night DVD marathons I'm planning. :)

Late nights are bad too. According to what I've read, and what mom kept reminding me, a person's metalbolism is most active during the period of 11pm-1am. Basically, your body grows, rebuild muscles and tissues, etc, the most during these 2 hours. I guess probably that's why most people who stays up late get panda eyes. :P
I used to have a lot of those back during my college and uni days. Stopped for a few years now, but seems like I'm slowly reverting back to my former self in this aspect. Mostly it's the DVDs and animes and games and such. Sometimes I stay on the phone til quite late. I thought starting to play basketball early in the morning would help, but I still sleep late, only wake up earlier.
This also brings into mind a question which I have yet gotten an answer to: if I travel to another timezone, which 11pm-1am should I follow?

At my age, animes and games are probably bad for me too. I should probably be SERIOUSLY thinking about where I wanna go from here and make plans for the future. Seems like animes, games and sports are the only things that seriously releases me from all the daily pressure and shit, even just for a short period.
Which doesn't really make them bad for me, does it?

No comments: