Wednesday, December 15, 2004

resignation

I just handed in my resignation. The manager's on leave, so I just left the letter on her desk, then sent her an sms. I was kinda expecting to see her face and how she react, in person, when I hand it in, but this couldn't wait. I'm already asking for a shortened notice period as it is.

She did call almost immediately after getting my sms. Sound shocked on the phone, and kept bugging me about my reason for leaving. She just clammed up when I told her that I found a better offer. :) Been wanting to say that for a long time. She said she'll come back tomorrow so that we can discuss it further. I made it clear that the only thing left to be discussed is how soon I can leave.

Seriously though, I'm not being cruel or whatever. I really do need the extra time to prepare. I haven't even got myself a place to stay over in Penang, haven't found a car, let along decide on what I'm gonna pack and bring with me. There's probably gonna be some renovation for one of the rooms at home starting in about a week's time, since my brother's gonna be back soon. All in all, two weeks is probably not enough time for me to get everything perfect, being the perfectionist that I am. :P

As for the new job, it's probably not that much of a better offer, after considering all the extra expenses I'll have to deal with. It IS more or less better in the sense that it'll look more interesting on my resume, and that it has a better future than the dead-end-shit-pay job that I'm having now.

I probably shouldn't complain. There's a lot of people out there who are practically begging for any job they can get, with the market being as bad as it is. I AM thankful. Especially for being able to get outta this place. It'll probably mean no more abusing of a 2Mbps line and such, but I can live with that. :)

Plus, four years in Ipoh is enough. It's more or less like a Malaysian version of Florida - a place where it's probably good to retire to, minus the beautiful beaches and bitches. :)

Hopefully, next year will be a better year.

No comments: